Friday, December 21, 2012

Tri-Cities Cancer Center: "Life Changing"



I am grateful to have this opportunity to write this piece and have the chance to put down in words just how much my job at the Tri-Cities Cancer Center means to me. I have worked in the medical field for the past nine years; the last six years has been directly with cancer patients. 

To say that working at the Cancer Center has changed my life would be a great understatement. It is amazing to have the pleasure of working as a Medical Receptionist and be in contact with patients all day. I schedule and maintain appointments at the Cancer Center, and usually I am the first person of contact when a patient is referred to receive radiation therapy. The awesome employee team we have here has definitely had a great impact on me and my work ethic with patients. The family-like atmosphere and genuine care for patients and their families is ever apparent and I feel blessed to be able to work for such a caring facility. 

I feel fortunate to not only have this position for a job, but more so for the life changing experiences, lessons and situations I have experienced while talking and dealing directly with patients. I can honestly say I am happy to walk through the door and do my work each and every day. I try my best to make every day count and make sure to make each patient feel at home. I treat everyone how I would want myself or a family member of mine treated if they were going through cancer treatment. I like to show patients that here at the Cancer Center we know your name, we greet you every day to let you know we are here for you and that at any time you are welcome to talk to us so we can help in any way possible. It is our job to make this a smooth experience and we all strive to do that daily at the Cancer Center. 

I have met and got to know so many wonderful patients and their family members over the years which has enabled me to have amazing friendships I would never have had the chance to have if it weren’t for my work. I can honestly say that cancer patients are the most inspirational and courageous people I have ever met. I would like to take this opportunity to thank patients for I truly learn something each and every day working with you and feel truly blessed to have the opportunity to do so. 

Lindsay Burge
Unit Secretary
Tri-Cities Cancer Center

No comments:

Post a Comment