Friday, March 1, 2013

Isaac Chassin - Delta High School Intern



I am Isaac Chassin; I recently finished my internship at the Tri Cities Cancer Center working with their Medical Physicist. My time at the Tri Cities Cancer Center was a great experience. I learned things that cannot be taught from a book. Having the hands on experience, working with the treatment machines and being behind the scenes, showed me just how much work goes into a patient’s treatment. Before the patient is even treated their treatment is planned from scans taken. The plan is tested for quality assurance so that the patient remains safe and their cancer is treated properly. The employees at the Tri Cities Cancer each work hard for the best patient care.  Each patient is treated like family, we get to know our patients and patients get to know each other. To some, radiation treatment may seem scary, after all it is radiation. However, it is safe. Every employee double-checks each others’ work, and everything is watched during treatment to ensure the patient, guest and employees are perfectly safe. If anyone ever asked me where I think the best cancer treatment center is around the Tri Cities I would not waste a second thinking about it: the best is without a doubt the Tri Cities CancerCenter.

No comments:

Post a Comment