Friday, April 19, 2013

Friends of Mine - Kurt Azeltine



As a radiation therapist I love working at the Tri-Cities Cancer Center as I get to help the finest people in the Tri-Cities community. My job grants me the opportunity to work with patients who are facing incredible challenges and I enjoy helping them carry their load until it is lifted.

At times, I have to remind my patients to stop telling so many jokes or stories because I have to fit in their treatment! They are the best and mean a great deal to me. To a few, I have had to explain  that laughing so much makes it difficult for me to set them up for a treatment…if they planned on getting done before lunch!

It’s a blessing to have a job where I get to help individuals take on or overcome their obstacles. Some have speed bumps and others have mountains to climb. I am always right there, every step of the way in the process. Here at work, I treat patients the same way I would treat my own grandmother. All of our patients are special to me and I want to give them my best. They deserve it. 

I enjoy providing care for the most courageous people every day. What is so shocking is how much they cheer me up and put a smile on my face when it’s my goal to do that for them. I have such a wonderful time getting to know our patients that sometimes it’s hard knowing I won’t get to see them again as they are completing their treatments. They finish and go back to their normal routine. However, they finish as a friend of mine and I am so happy for their achievements.

Kurt Azeltine
Radiation Therapist

No comments:

Post a Comment