Friday, January 11, 2013

Delta High Shcool Intern, Jasmin Garcia, shares her Cancer Center Experience


Jasmin decorating for "Let's Make Pink Just Another Color" event.

My name is Jasmin Garcia, and I am currently a senior at Delta High School, a STEM school in Richland, WA. As a senior, we get the opportunity to obtain an internship that is closely related to our post-secondary interests. My plans after high school are attending the University of Washington, majoring in statistics, minoring in business (specifically marketing) and becoming a market research analysts.

I have been an intern at the TriCities Cancer Center since September, 2012 and this is my second round—transitioning from the business department to specifically marketing. Being and intern at the TCCC I have loved every moment of it; from learning about employees every day job to working in design programs to hearing Michael’s crazy jokes. I have been asked on multiple occasions what my favorite part of being an intern at the Cancer Center is and my answer is always the same, “the people.” Every day I get to witness a team of great individuals work together to create the best care of their patients, and it feels good to know I’m a small part in that equation.

No comments:

Post a Comment