Friday, January 25, 2013

You never see me but I still applaud you.





My favorite part of working at Tri-Cities Cancer Center is when I hear the faint sound of our prize fighters bell ringing. A patient rings the bell at the end of their radiation treatment, their fight with cancer over. What comes after the bell rings? Applause. Everyone takes a moment to applaud you, the patient. Your strength and courage is applauded. We applaud you as a simple way to show you, our wonderful patients how much they are cared for, thought of and loved. They are never alone, they have become a member of the Tri-Cities Cancer Center family. I am in the Administration offices and you may never hear me but I hear your bell and I applaud you.

Everyday patient care is in the forethought of everything we do here at the Tri-Cities Cancer Center. Every decision is made with the patient in mind, from Administration to the Café Vendor to the custodians, if it is not good for the patients we treat, then it is not good for the Center.

Our employees walk through the Tri-Cities Cancer Center doors every day and want to help our patients have the best experience possible. It doesn't matter if that employee has had a bad evening or morning, patients come first.

I love that about the Tri-Cities Cancer Center. We are a family...and we take care of family.



Janine McKeever
Executive Administrative Assistant

No comments:

Post a Comment